How I learned about Vietnamese Egg Drop Coffee:
I first tried Vietnamese Egg Drop Coffee last year while walking around Vietnam. I was about to order my usual Vietnamese iced coffee but something caught my eye. Egg Drop Coffee was listed in the menu so I decided to order that instead. It tasted great, cozy and heartwarming. Despite having a raw egg in the coffee it doesn’t taste fishy at all.
Ever since then I have been wanting to get a taste of Vietnamese egg drop coffee that is why I tried making one at home. It look different from what I had in Vietnam.
It is fairly easy to make and still taste almost but not nearly the same. The coffee shop is still more superior of course. I learned about the procedure by watching this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgixbCfHXVw&t=81s
Trying to make my own Vietnamese Egg Drop Coffee:
3 Easy Egg Drop Coffee Ingredients:
- 1 serving of Vietnamese Coffee / Espresso
- 1 to 2 Egg Yolk ( I only used 1 but 2 is recommended)
- 2 to 3 Spoons of Condensed Milk
How I made it:
- Make Vietnamese Coffee or Espresso.
- Whisk Condensed Milk and Egg Yolks until fluffy using an electric whisk is most recommended.
- Pour the egg and condensed milk mixture over the coffee.
- I’d make make it with 2 egg yolks next time.
- Add more Condensed Milk.
- Make Coffee at the end so coffee would remain fresh and hot.
- Add Cocoa Powder for nice effects.
It’s really a good coffee to make if you want the mix of really strong coffee with a sweet and foamy texture. Honestly this coffee makes me feel warm inside that’s the reason I tried recreating it for myself.